آریا الکترونیک mehrinfo تکشو

آموزشی: بررسی مدار مادربرد قدرتمند گیگابایت مدل Z77X-UD5H

pese

کاربر
2013-05-26
اصفهان
www.servicekaran.ir
Z77X-UD5H Preview (Physical Review

I just got one of these, figured I would give you guys a look.

Let me begin by saying that this preview abides by the NDA of the new chipset, and thus I cannot divulge all the information currently available on this product other than its specifications and my physical analysis of the board. Benchmarks as well as extreme overclocking results and OC guide will be available at the soonest available time that NDA allows. This physical review is just to show people an in-depth looks at GIGABYTE’s Z77X-UD5H offering.

To begin here is the box, accessories, and board:

GIGABYTE decided to include both blue and black SATA cables so you can pick whichever fits your needs best I guess. However the blue cables are SATA3GB/s while the black are SATA6GB/s. There is a USB 3.0 front panel bay included as well. Considering the board has a whopping 3 internal USB 3.0 headers I would think a front panel bay is appropriate.

Now the color of the heatsinks doesn’t seem to really want to come through correctly with my lens, it is a soft blue color, and the lighting in the light box makes it looks very bright.

Here we have the backpanel filled with video outputs and USB 3.0 as well as 1394A and dual NIC!

I won’t comment much on the heatsinks, but from what I am told these heatsinks cool much better than previous models because of a new one-piece design which means contact between the fins and the base of the heatsink is more solid and thus allows for better thermal contact. I have a lot of pictures of the heatsinks from many different angles for you to check out for yourself. We can see that GIGABYTE has changed up a few things, an mSATA port is present on most of their boards, and their VRM is using new chokes as well as the new digital PWM. These boards are totally different beasts than their Z68 counterparts, in a very good way.

Here we have good spacing between the socket and the DIMMs, the less space between the two the better it is for OC, however the further away the easier it is to fit a larger cooler. It is a give and take scenario. What I like is that you can fully open the DIMM latches without having to remove the first long GPU. You can also see my favorite addition to the UD5; the OC area.
We will take a closer look at all the OC features this board offers in a short while.

We can see the extra PCI-E power connector in the form of an SATA power connector, as well as 9 SATA ports, 5 of which are SATA6GB/s and 4 of which are SATA3GB/s. If you install a mSATA device it is disable the SATA port #5 which is one of the SATA3GB/s ports. We can also see all 3 USB 3.0 internal headers right here, two are positioned to either be for the front or backpanel, and one is very well positioned for the front panel included. If you look closely you can find a BIOS switch in there among the internal headers!

The 16X slots here all can be PCI-E 3.0, they are physically 16x, 8x, and 4x.

The back of the board features some extra low-side MOSFETs.

I like the screws holding down all of the heatsinks.
However now we take those heatsinks off to reveal the good stuff:

Doesn’t it just look a bit nicer nude?(prob even nicer with a pot on it) First in depth thing I want to talk about and go over are the overclocking features, as this board is loaded!!! It is a OC board minus the OC colors and OC Touch(Buttons)! However This board will haul ass when it comes to OC
wink.gif

A powerful VRM has been provided, while the G1 Sniper 3 uses the same phase count, the UD5H features higher current capability chokes. These chokes are made by the same manufacturer that manufactured the custom chokes for the X58A-OC.

This VRM uses an 8 phase PWM, in which 6 of those 8 phases are doubled by special doubler ICs. The MOSFETs used this time around have better characteristics than the giga X79 MOSFETs, and GIGABTYE is using 3 MOSFETs per phase instead of 2 to better balance the load.
You also have a very good cooling solution this time around, GIGABYTE says that these new heatsinks are the same mass as the heatsinks used on the Z68/P67 UD5, but have more surface area and have a direct contact design.

Now to move to the other chips:

• #1. Intel WG82579V is a GBit Ethernet controller which many in this industry thing is a great performer.
  • #2. is a Atheros AR8151 is a very high quality advanced GBit Ethernet controller, and thus provides the second NIC on this board. Atheros states that its controller has the lowest power consumption in the world.
  • #3. is a VLI810 USB 3.0 hub, it is a 1 to 4 output USB 3.0 SuperSpeed certified hub, if you want a USB 3.0 IC you want to make sure its SuperSpeed certified, as when it is it should operate up to the USB 3.0 standards advertised. I saw this little controller at work at IDF, it is pretty cool. There are two of these employed on this board.
  • #4. Is a VIA VT6308P which is a PCI to 1394A controller, providing two outputs. One output is on the backpanel and the other is an internal header. The PCI bus is provided by the iTE PCI-E to PCI bridge chip on this board.
  • #5. iTE8728F is a SuperI/O that we commonly find on all GIGABYTE boards, on this board it provides all 5 fan headers and control over them. It also provides temperatures, voltage, and fan speed monitoring.
  • #6. Realtek ALC898 featuring 110dB SNR, but get this, GIGABYTE has added the Creative XF-I software emulation to this board, so just like the ASUS ROG boards with XF-I the UD5H has it too now! However this board is using the new ALC898 codec that was first introduced by board makers on their X79 boards.
  • #7. This is where the audio output gets even better than other XF-I packages, two of these TI DRV632 which each not only improve the sound output but also are amplifiers and provide head phone amps built into the board. NO LONGER ONLY ON G1!!!! The UD5H now has some cool decked out audio as well.
  • #8. Marvell SE9172, this board has 2 of them, which provide the eSATA on the backpanel and the internal grey SATA6GB/s headers.

• #1 Two MXIC MX25L6406E are 64Mbit, 8MByte BIOS ROMs which provide a full UEFI. GIGABYTE calls these two chips Dual 3D UEFI BIOS. This time on the UD5H we have LEDs to tell us what BIOS is in use, as well as a switch to select which one to use!
  • #2 ASMedia ASM1442, there are two of these and they are level shifters which are a fancy word for Digital output to HDMI and DVI converters. D-SUB on the back panel is provided natively, and the PCh outputs to the display port natively as well, HDMI and DVI need level shifters. Same as we see on Z68 boards.
  • #3 iTE8892E is a PCI-E to PCI bridge chip which provides the internal PCI slot as well as the PCI to the VIA 1394A controller.
  • #4 ICS9DB403DGLF is a ICS clock generator that produces a 100mhz clock signal for PCI-E devices.
  • #5 Six NXP L04083B are PCI-E switches, and allow the lanes from the CPU’s PCI-E controller to be distributed in 3 modes which are shown in the next picture.
  • #6 PI3PCIE is a Pericom made PCI-E 2.0 switch for the switching between the #5 SAT3GB/s and the mSATA port.

If you didn’t notice this board provides PCI-E 3.0 on the 4X(16X) slot, so you could run 3-way crossfire at 8x/4x/4x in PCI-E 3.0. Above in my picture you can see what modes and what speed each slot will go to.

The Ultra Durable 4 was introduced recently, and so I decided to take a look at two new very interesting features, the Anti-Surge and the Anti-ESD ICs.

The Anti-ESD are pictured above, they make sure nothing gets hurt when you shock your USB ports, as I do a lot of the time. The risk of hurting anything is small as is, however these types of technologies cut down on RMAs and lead to happier buyers, so it is nice to see them implemented even though they cost a slight bit more on the manufacturing side.

Here is the Anti-Surge IC, so if your power lines are hit by lightning and you don’t have a surge protector then your PSU dies and then takes your whole system? Well not here, this little IC will take the heat before your board or the rest of your components like your memory, CPU, and GPUs. So it could possibly save you money, PSUs can sometimes malfunction on their OCP, and thus this can be handy for then as well. It is like a fuse.

One Piece Heatsinks:

From the looks of it this UD5H seems to be really great hardware wise, the hardware used from the VRM to the connectivity is all great. GIGABYTE has learned from their mistakes with Z68 and is doing its best to listen to its problems for last year, and improve on them this year. The Z77X-UD5H is poised to do just that, and then some.

Okay so I have tested this platform, but I am not going to be able to post up my findings until NDA lift, however I will say that this board is a huge improvement overall, hardware and bios support have come together on this new board better than almost all previous GIGABYTE boards I have tested. I will show this when I am able to post up some results
smile.gif

In my honest opinion these boards are like later gigabyte x58 boards, with better hardware and bios, they are very solid BIOS wise compared to Z68 and X79 GIGABYTE boards, hopefully from here on in, the GIGABYTE boards will all be like this.

Also for those of you who like my OC guides, one will be ready on launch date

user_offline.gif

pese

کاربر
2013-05-26
اصفهان
www.servicekaran.ir
این هم بررسی یکی از مدل های MSI
[h=2]A Closer Look at the MSI MPower Max Z87 Cont'd[/h]

In the upper right corner – the corner nearest the RAM slots – is one of the main features of the MPower Max: the V-Check ports. This seven header port allows for individually checking the voltages for VCCIN, the RAM, CPU Core, CPU GFX, CPU Ring and CPU System Agent. The seventh header is ‘ground’ and needed to complete a circuit with the other six headers. MSI also includes even more voltage pads near the CPU socket for even more voltages readings.

The 24-pin ATX power connector is in its usual spot near the RAM slots but unlike the 8pin connectors, is far enough away that even the largest of fingers will have no problems connecting/disconnecting the main 24 pin power connector to this motherboard. Alongside the ATX power connector is the first of two USB 3.0 internal headers with the second being rotated 90° and running perpendicular to the motherboard. If you have a case which supports quad USB 3.0 front ports we strongly recommend plugging in these connectors before installing your video card as many longer video cards will overhang this header and make it hard to access.

To provide all these additional USB ports – Intel Z87 only natively supports six USB 3.0 ports – MSI has included both an ASMedia ASM1074 controller and Renesas D720202 USB 3 hub chipsets.

Moving further down the right edge of the motherboard is the eight SATA ports this particular model comes equipped with. While MSI has not color coded which six are controlled via the Intel PCH and which are controller by the ASMedia 1061 SATA controller they have thoughtfully placed a sticker over the six Intel ports. Before removing it you may wish to pay special attention to the notice that Port 5 will be disabled when the included mSATA port is being used. IE you can only attach eight SATA devices at any time, not nine. This is unfortunate as eight ports are rather mediocre by modern standards and this represents a missed opportunity to help the MPower Max further standout in the crowded enthusiast marketplace.

Behind the SATA ports – and underneath the black and yellow heatsink – is the Z87 chipset, ASMedia ASM1061 discrete dual port SATA 6Gb/s controller and a NuvoTon NCT677D Super I/O controller. The latter of which monitors several critical parameters on the board, including power supply voltages, fan speeds, and temperatures.

Below the SATA ports are the dual BIOS eeprom ICs, switch for changing which BIOS is loaded, dual LED diagnostic display and the special ‘Go2Bios​

pese

کاربر
2013-05-26
اصفهان
www.servicekaran.ir
بررسی مادربرد گیگابایت مدل دیگر
[h=2]990FXA-UD7[/h]

[h=2]990FXA-UD7 Review (Analysis, Ripple Testing, Benchmarks)[/h]

Welcome! Today I will take an in-depth look into GIGABYTE’s top of the line 990FX Chipset offering, the 990FXA-UD7. The new UD7 has the AMD 990FXA chipset, which supports AMD’s future Zambezi processors, better known as Bulldozer. There has been a lot of hype over the new AMD platform, as Bulldozer is supposed to bring AMD back to the top, and AMD is bringing back its almighty FX lineup. Only time will tell how it will pan out for AMD, but motherboard manufacturers aren’t waiting around. The 990FX chipset paired with the SB950 offers some great features; biggest of them all is SLI support and Hyper Transport 3.1. The 990FX chipset itself has 42 PCI-E 2.0 lanes, 32 of which are for the GPUs. To top it off the 990FXA-UD7 can support 4-way SLI, something that no other 990FX chipset board can do at the moment. Now while on the Intel side 4-way SLI needs NF200 Chipsets, on this AMD platform we can do it without any added latency. Of course you will be running 4-way at 8x per slot. Now this platform is built for the future processors, so there are a few features that aren’t supported by AMD’s current top of the line Phenom 2 X6 1100T which we will use in the review today. One such example is the HyperTransport 3.1, which runs at 6400GT/s opposed to HyperTransport 3.0 at 5200GT/s. Another example, and one worth noting is the vdroop that many have encountered with this motherboard. GIGABYTE states that it’s design (vdroop in particular) strictly adheres to AMD’s AM3+ guidelines for the Zambezi processors. Today we will venture far into the deep and darkest corners of the 990FXA-UD7, and uncover whatthis board is really made of.

Here is a video review if you are short on time :)

This review features a new section that I have been working hard on developing, the VRM testing section. We will use a DSO(digital sampling oscilloscope) hooked up to a separate system, to analyze peak2peak voltage (ripple), as well as run a pass fail test to see how often the ripple measurements surpass a set point. We will run these tests not only at stock, but also in the worst case scenario, something this board out of the box cannot do.

The review will be cut into segments:

Introduction (you are here)

Box, Accessories, Layout

Deeper look at the VRM and ICs

VRM, Voltage, and Oscilloscope testing

Performance Analysis + Overclocking

Conclusion

Accessories are exactly what the doctor ordered, a prized 4-way SLI bridge(not easy to find), 3-way SLI bridge, one 2-way SLI bridge, two CrossFireX bridges, four SATA6GB/s cables(two angled tips), a labeled back panel, and the manuals(GIGABYTE sticker too). Also they are all black except for the manuals and stickers, a shift towards all black to match the board.

Sin’s Take: Now with P67 early on we say that GIGABYTE didn’t really customize the parts, in terms of color their bridges were the stock brown color, the cables were blue matching their X58 boards, and their 3-way bridge was blue as well. Since then we have seen a shift towards black SATA cables, then black 2-way SLI Bridge, and now black 3-way and 4-way bridges. We see that GIGABYTE is putting in that extra touch, which one comes to expect from a Tier1 manufacturer.

There is our full-sized shot. You can see the heatsinks look even better than advertised, something fast-food never looks like. Now don’t worry I am going to cover everything, just hold on tight, because it’s going to be a fun filled ride. We will start from the upper left hand corner (backpanel) and move towards the lower left. Oh by the same this board is standard ATX size, a bit wider than others, but it does support 4-way SLI in ATX standard case.

The Southbridge on this recent AMD platform has no USB 3.0 connections natively, unlike the A75 chipset, so third-party controllers need to be used. GIGABYTE uses two on this board, one of them supplies us with 2 ports in the back, and that controller actually operates off one of the 42 PCI-E 2.0 lanes from the 990FX chipset.

Sin’s Take: From what we saw with the A75 chipset, it seems that the EtronTech controller is actually faster than native AMD USB3.0, so for now this option (off-die controllers) is one that works best. I would have thought that by now AMD had USB 3.0 in all their chipsets, but then again the same goes for Intel and they don’t either.

The VRM heatinks is connected to the Northbridge heatsink through a sintered heat pipe, gold accents match very nicely, the VRM is lined up straight in line with the Northbridge; this allows GIGABYTE to open enough space for 4-way SLI. We will cover the VRM in depth very soon. Here you see the DIMMs, 4 for dual channel. They are close to the socket to reduce parasitics caused by trace length, to preserve signal integrity.

Sin’s Take: This design with the VRM in one line and the Northbridge next to it seems to be part of AMD design, as most manufacturers have done this, but surprisingly 4-Way SLI support is nowhere to be found other than this particular board.

In this area we have 8(Eight) SATA6GB/s ports, 6 from the Southbridge, and 2 from Marvell SE9172. We also have that little SATA power connector, which provides extra power for the PCI-E slots. For internal headers along the entire bottom of the board, we have; front case connectors, TPM connector, USB 3.0 header, 3 x USB 2.0 headers, IEEE 1394A header, and audio header. There is also a Clear CMOS jumper right on top of the case connectors. A small POST display is also on this board to help with debugging. Here we can also see the buttons; Power, Reset, and Clear CMOS. The Clear CMOS has a cover.

Sin’s Take: I also like the buttons, they are well placed, and unlike their P67 counterpart they aren’t facing upside down (the lettering that is). The POST LED is most helpful to me, for instance once I forgot to put RAM in the board and the error came up as C1, and then I looked and the RAM wasn’t there. It’s a useful display, probably the most useful auxiliary feature on most of these boards. What are also important are Power, Reset, and ClearCMOS buttons. The ClearCMOS button being covered is less of a pain, because I found that I had hit that cover a few times when not looking. Luckily the clear cover is easily removable.

Here you see the PCI-E slots, we have 6 of them, 2 are full 16x slots, 2 are 8x slots, and 2 are 4x slots. If you scroll down to the in-depth section you will see which is which. The 16x slots are triple slot spaced so that you can run two triple slotted GPUs without issue.

PCI-E layout is like this:

16X Slot==============================================

4X slot==============

8X slot=========================

4X slot==============

16X slot==============================================

PCI slot======================================

8X slot==========================

Sin’s Take: This is the ONLY 4-WAY SLI/CF capable AM3+ board. What still puzzles me is how GIGABYTE pulled this off while ASUS didn’t, it seems that GIGABYTE really did their research when it comes to this board, it’s built majestically. I went to check out ASUS’s offerings as I usually do when I do my reviews, and on Newegg it states that 4-way SLI is capable with the ROG expander. Now I laughed, but not because of the fact that you can’t fit it in a case, but because you can’t buy it in a store in any of the territory Newegg caters too. The thing about the 4-way SLI is that it fits in ATX standard sizing, so there is no need to buy a new case.

Deeper look at the VRM and ICs

First I will show you the heatinks, as I took them off of the board.

They were held down by 6 screws and washers.

In this shot as you can see the shape of the heatsink.

Next we are going to mess with the VRM, I have a few pictures that show what is going on with the VRM, whether you have no knowledge of electronics or some, you can relate to either picture.
This one is a bit more centered on the flow of things rather than their actual functions, as it only covers part of the function.

This is more function:

This is a bare shot just in case you want to see it without the text. The VRM uses SiC769CD Generation 3 Driver MOSFETs. They can switch at upto 1 MHz or as low as 100 kHz. That frequency is referred to as the switching frequency the PWM outputs. In our case it’s ~280 kHz measured at the DrMOS. Now the Intersil ISL6630 is a 4+1 phase PWM, it uses Intersil Phase Doubling technology, which takes a phase from the PWM and doubles it. Intersil ISL6617 Phase Doublers are used for this purpose. (Doublers: http://www.intersil.com/data/fn/fn7564.pdf) Doublers have to be used, because we need 8+2 channels to drive 10 separate Drivers inside the DrMOS. Now these phase doublers have different operating modes, and I am unsure which is used. The final output switching frequency is ~280KHz, so it might be dividing the switching frequency or maintaining it. This low switching frequency allows the DrMOS output more current while running at higher efficiency. Check page 14 for more information on this: http://www.vishay.com/docs/64981/sic769cd.pdf . Each DrMOS can output 35A, including those for the CPU-NB output. The inductors are 80uH in our case and the output capacitors are rated at 560uF each. That is 6720uF of bulk output capacitance. The LC(inductor/capacitor) circuit acts as a low pass filter on top of being energy storage. The inductors effectively reduce the switching noise of the DrMOS and stop frequencies above something like 60 Hz to pass to the CPU. When the CPU needs more current, the capacitors discharge, and while this happens the inductors charge with more current, and then empty into the capacitors to start the cycle over again, this way enough current is delivered to the CPU when needed.

Sin’s Take: I have seen a lot of VRM designs, and I want to talk about true phases and this and that. Most of the time, I see the use of a pair of Low RDS(on) MOSFETs instead of DrMOS, and this is for a reason, most companies can use half the number of drivers to drive these FETs. Instead of using a driver per two FETs they use a driver per four FETs, so in fact each of the two “phases​

pese

کاربر
2013-05-26
اصفهان
www.servicekaran.ir
بررسی یک مدل مادربد دیگر از گیگابایت

X58A-OC Review- Physical Review
(Layout, Packaging, VRM analysis, ICs Analysis, Initial Air Cooling Results)

ocflag.jpg

(After staring at this board for a few hours, as I do every board, I try to analyze what type of design this board is trying to model. I have a feeling this board is supposed to have heatsinks that resemble a car, and a fast one at that, but I felt as though this ICH (Southbridge) heatsink looks like a flag waving in the air.)

Today I have my first close encounter with this masterpiece of a motherboard. Like no other motherboard its sole purpose is to fulfill the needs of overclockers, and overclockers only. Yes it is true, every motherboard is overclockable, yet not all motherboards are overclocking friendly. This isn’t the first motherboard to be tuned to overclock, and it’s not the first to hold world records, but it is the first motherboard to be targeted solely at overclockers, and extreme overclockers at that. Not everyone may agree with that statement, but it is true. While many motherboards feature overclocking as their main feature, they still are marketed towards gamers as well. As we saw earlier the G1 series is targeted towards gamers, and hardcore gamers at that, this board is on the exact opposite side of the spectrum in terms of features. While the G1 Assassin might have a creative 20K2 audio processor and a Bigfoot NIC, the X58A-OC has a revamped voltage regulator module and direct hardware controlled multiplier, BLCK, and even switching frequency adjustments. This board is similar to a few other boards in terms of its features, but this board is without any features that overclockers do not need. With this board you don’t pay a premium for ICs(chips) you will never use (extra USB, dual NIC, eSATA, IEEE, or even 6 channel audio), instead GIGABYTE took the money that was saved and invested it in custom order parts for the voltage regulator module, and some nifty overclocking features.

By far the most interesting part of this board is GIGABYTE’s take at miniaturizing their 24phase voltage regulator module (VRM), following that are the OC buttons, and then small things (4GHZ easy button, PWM switches, BIOS switch, 4 way CF/3 way SLI, triple slot spacing, etc….). Today I will begin by going over the parts of the board, and then I will explain how the new VRM compares to the old one. Following the explanation of how everything works with the VRM, I will go on to explain every chip, one by one. For you to get a real sense of what this board has to offer you will need to see what makes it tick, and then how it performs. Of course that is a huge venture so just as usual I split my reviews into two parts, with this one being all about the physical stuff.

Table of Contents:
Layout and Packaging
Voltage Regulator Module Analysis
Important Overclocking ICs
All other ICs (Including Marvell SE9182 SATA6G and EtronTech USB 3.0)
Heatsink Analysis
Board Installation and initial OC results
Conclusion

Please press the power button to begin​

lighting.jpg

Packaging and Accessories:

This board is standard ATX size. It will fit any case that can do normal ATX. There is no problem with it fitting into a case, even with triple slot PCI-E spacing. The box is fitting as well, plain and simple; it’s all in the name.
boxfrontmedium.jpg
backboxmedium.jpg

Overclockers don’t necessarily want any fancy boxes, or any fancy accessories like stickers, we just want a solid board that performs well.
boxopenmedium.jpg

Here is a quick look at what we will be covering in this section:
fullboard2.jpg

This board has more fan headers than anyone should need in a case. It also has more buttons than you can hit at one time even if you use both hands. We will go over them one by one; I promise you won’t miss a thing.
upperleft.jpg

The socket area is well done, very clean compared to many boards. This was done so that it is easier to insulate. The lack of can-type capacitors on the entire board makes insulation much easier. As you can see the main heatsink isn’t attached to the ICH (Southbridge) heatsink. This heatsink alone is quite heavy. We will take a deep look at the heatsinks in the cooling section. We will also take a look at how well some aftermarket heatsinks fit on this board, and how their fans work with these large heatsinks.

upperrighto.jpg

Moving to the RAM area, we can see that it is pretty close to the CPU socket. This helps cut down on parasitics, as the trace length is shorter from the CPU’s memory controller to the RAM slots. Also notice that the RAM slots don’t extend below the board’s heatsink. This is so you can switch out RAM without having to remove your extra long GPU. The buttons for OC are situated facing the right side of the board. This is a great position for benchmarking. GIGABYTE expects that most users won’t use a case; even if they do the buttons are still workable.

lowerright.jpg

Here we have the lower right hemisphere. The SATA ports are all angled, and we even have a nice SATA6G port hooked up to the Marvell SE9182, Marvell’s new SATA6G controller. The ICH heatsink looks like a flag, I swear. Many overclockers won’t use the IOH/VRM heatsink, but this way they can still use the ICH heatsink, because it does get hot. You can also notice the PEG-OC (PCI-E power plugs) in our case they are actually SATA power connectors. I am told that you can hook up two different PSU’s to these plugs, one for each PSU. In the component test section you will see how well it works out. The position the SATA power connectors are in makes them perfect, in a case or outside, we can see how on a PSU’s daisy chain of SATA power connectors, the SATA drive can be hooked up right next to the SATA ports.

lowerleft.jpg

Here we have our trusty PCI-E layout. The 1st and 3rd PCI-E slots are full 16x slots, the 2nd and 4th are 8x slots. The way this is done means that you can fit two triple slotted GPUs and have them each run at 16x. The lack of NF200 makes 4-way SLI impossible, but keeps costs down. It is obvious that this board is made for 2D and single or dual card benching. If this board had an NF200 chipset, it would cost more, but also if you only use one or two cards you have added latency that otherwise wouldn’t be there. NF200 is really meant for 3 and 4 way SLI setups. We can see that GIGABYTE kept our trusty PCI slot, for anything from an iRAM to an extra diagnostic card.

backconnectors.jpg

Here we have our cute backpanel. Honestly more connectivity than needed, but the least I have ever seen. GIGABYTE is now using red USB 2.0 ports. The audio has been cut down to 3 ports, and the blue are USB 3.0 ports. I love the fact that they kept the PS2 keyboard and mouse ports.
Lets start again from socket area around, but this time with closeups of noticable features.

lotes.jpg
frequencyswitches.jpg

We have the trusty X58 Lottes socket. Some earlier X58 Foxconn sockets showed burn. It seems they have fixed it for P67, but for X58 Lottes is preferred. We also have out clear CMOS button, as well as our 3 DIP switches for VRM switching frequency. The stock value for switching frequency is 400 kHz, switch 1 = 600 kHz, switch 2 = 800 kHz, and switch 3 = 1 MHz. Each frequency is good for a different condition, or a different CPU. You have to play around and see which is best for you, and I will explain what switching frequency is and how it has an effect on overall VRM performance.

ocbuttons.jpg

Here we have our trusty OC workspace. We have everything from voltage monitoring points, to multiplier and BLCK adjustment. You press the “Gear​

cybernova

مدیر تعمیرات سخت افزار کامپیوتر
مدیر تالار
2013-05-31
آذرشهـر
همکار گرامی
ممنون بابت مطالبتون .اگه این پست رو بصورت فارسی و یک فایل تهیه کنید ،بیشتر مورد استفاده دوستان و همکاران قرار خواهد گرفت .
با تشکر

واکنش‌ها[ی پسندها]: همتا
بالا